The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd (also known as Good Shepherd Sisters) is an international congregation of religious women in the Roman Catholic Church, numbering almost 4,000, present in 72 countries in five continents .
As religious we are called to a mission of reconciliation, “we express our charism of merciful love through a contemplative life or an apostolic life.” (Constitutions, Article 1)
How does one become a Good Shepherd Sister?
A young lady who feels that God is calling her to be a Good Shepherd Sister gets to know us more by joining Discovery Weekend, Vocation Encolunter, or seeing any of our Vocation Directresses or Vocation Promoters.
This helps us get to know her better and to accompany her discover if God is calling her to this way of life.
If a person decides to enter the Good Shepherd Congregation, she is helped to go through the stages of formation: Aspirancy, Pre-Novitiate, Novitiate, Juniorate and On-Going Formation.
- A Candidate must have finished, at least, a four-year academic course
- 21-28 years old. Candidates older than these are given due consideration
- Must have at least average intelligence
- Average good health, sufficient for mission
- A candidate must be free from financial debts. If a candidate is unable to meet certain financial requirements, this will not necessaril bar her from admission
In the Philippines, get in touch with:
Sr. Maria Teresa Mahinay RGS
National Vocation Directress
1043 Aurora Blvd. 1108 Quezon City
Good Shepherd Community
Bukid Kabataan Community
Villa Maria (Banawa, Cebu) Community
Cagayan de Oro Community
CGS Tagaytay Community
CGS Virac Community
CGS Cebu Community
CGS Butuan Community